If you are in search of the ultimate vaporizer, you cannot go wrong with a product from the famous Volcano line by Storz and Bickel.
The original Volcano is the Classic model. Those who love the Classic but are looking for even more precise temperature control and premium features will want to think about getting the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer.
We want to introduce you to the features and design of the Volcano Hybrid.
We’ll explore what sets it apart from competing products on the market as well as what makes it the next step up from the Volcano Classic. That way, you can figure out whether the Hybrid or the Classic is right for you.
Volcano Hybrid Materials and Design
The Volcano Hybrid shares the same dimensions and cone shape as the original Volcano Classic. The two look incredibly similar, but you will notice that the controls for the Hybrid are different.
We’ll talk more about the controls in just a moment. For now, we want to point out that the Volcano Hybrid features the same high-quality materials and medical-grade technology as the Classic. Like the Classic, it is manufactured in Germany with strict quality control. This is an extremely durable vaporizer that is built to last for many years. It is available in silver or onyx (which we recommend—the powder coating is gorgeous and resistant to scratches and smudging).
Volcano Hybrid Features
Storz & Bickel introduced the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer in 2019. Remember, the Volcano Classic had been around since the early 2000’s, and the Volcano Digital version came out in 2007.
So, that gave the company a lot of time to learn from those previous models and really refine the design of the Volcano. As a result, the Hybrid is the most sophisticated Volcano to date, boasting impressive features like:
- A wide temperature range of 104° F – 446° F. The temperature variance is a mere 2.7° F. Contrast that with the 9° F variance you get with the Classic. Moreover, you get a digital interface to set the exact temperature you want. So, you can fine-tune the temperature to your exact preference.
- You can use the balloon method to vape using the Volcano Hybrid or you can connect the new whip tube. The Classic only allowed the balloon.
- The Volcano Hybrid vaporizer heats up in only 1-2 minutes. That is even quicker than the 3-minute heat-up time for the Classic.
- There are awesome new programming features included with the Hybrid including Workflows and Iterations. Using these features, you can create customized programs that will heat, blow and hold at the temperatures and durations you select, repeating for as long as you want.
- You can download the S&B App for your Android device to control the vaporizer using your smartphone or tablet.
How The Hybrid Volcano Works
Here are the basic steps to using the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer with the balloon method:
1. Remove the vaporizer’s top.
2. Attach the herb chamber.
3. Connect the balloon and valve.
4. Wait while the balloon fills.
5. Take off the balloon.
6. Connect the mouthpiece with the valve.
7. Turn off the fan.
One of the cool things about the Volcano Hybrid is that you can use the whip tube instead of a balloon if you prefer.
Here are the basic steps to using the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer with the whip method:
1. Take the cap off the filling chamber. Put the herbs in the chamber, and put the cap back on.
2. Use a clockwise motion to attach the chamber to the vaporizer.
3. Connect the whip.
You can either inhale manually using the mouthpiece, or you can push the button labeled “air” to get the device to push out the air for you. If you are inhaling on your own, it is up to you how quickly or slowly you want to go.
Needless to say, it is a great improvement over the original Volcano to be able to choose whether to use the tube or a balloon. For medical marijuana users, the Hybrid has become the defacto choice in weed vaporizers.
What You Get When You Order the Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer?
Here is what comes with your purchase when you buy the Volcano Hybrid now:
- 1 Volcano Hybrid Vaporizer
- 1 Power Cord (plug for North America)
- 3 EASY VALVE Balloons with Mouthpieces
- 1 EASY VALVE Balloon with Adapter
- 1 Tube Kit
- 1 Volcano Hybrid Filling Chamber
- 1 Normal Screen Set
- 1 Cleaning Brush
- 1 Air Filter Set
- 1 S&B Herb Mill Grinder
- 1 Instructions for Use
You might be wondering about the valve set for the Hybrid. What you get with your purchase is the Hybrid Starter Set. It is compatible with Easy Valve bags and dosing capsules.
Note that the Solid Valve system that was an option for the Classic cannot be used with the Hybrid.
Pros and Cons of the Volcano Hybrid
Now that you know the features of the Volcano Hybrid and what is included, we can go over the advantages and disadvantages.
As you will see, there are a ton of benefits and almost no drawbacks.
Pros of The Hybrid
- No model of vaporizer has ever offered you this level of control- even the Volocano Digit didn’t offer this level of control. If you were impressed by the Classic in this respect, the Hybrid will blow you away. And the fact that you can create elaborate customized programs to run just takes the whole experience to a new level in vapor quality & convenience.
- The maintenance you have to do is so minimal. You will need to clean the screens (which takes seconds) regularly, but you almost never are going to have to do more than that. You will have to replace the bag once every week, month, or somewhere in between, depending on the frequency with which you vape. Even with this little maintenance, your Volcano Hybrid should run for many years.
- You won’t believe how dense and smooth your vapes are with the Volcano Hybrid.
- You get to choose how you vape. This is one of the biggest upgrades to the new Volcano Hybrid vaporizer over the Classic. Balloon or tube, it’s up to you.
- You will love the sleek appearance of the Volcano Hybrid. Every day you see it waiting for you on your desk, you’ll feel yourself wanting to smile. Expect to get a lot of compliments from visitors (oh, and did we mention how awesome this thing is for smoking with friends?).
- Anyone can learn how to use the Volcano Hybrid vaporizer quickly and easily. This may not be an entry level vaporizer with respect to features, but that does not mean it is difficult to use. The intuitive design makes it the perfect purchase whether you are a veteran with vaping or this is your very first vaporizer.
- A three-year warranty protects your purchase. But frankly, this vaporizer is going to last a long time past your warranty in most cases.
- There really is just one major drawback of the Volcano Hybrid, and that is the hefty price tag. Put simply, not everyone can afford that cost. That said, the bang for your buck here is considerable. With proper care, your Volcano Hybrid should last you many years (many Volcanoes work as well after 10+ years as they did on day one). During those years, you’ll enjoy countless vapes that are nothing short of smooth, consistent vapor quality perfection. So, the cost is well worth it in the long run.
Assuming you can swing the price with our exclusive coupon code we recommend that you get the Volcano Hybrid, period.
If you are on a tight budget, the Volcano Classic is an excellent purchase (get it here). But the Volcano Hybrid offers so much more in terms of precision and flexibility.
If precision is important to you, you will not do better than the Volcano Hybrid. And if you want a vaping experience that is totally personalized, you will fall in love with its programming features.
You will love being able to fill a balloon when you want portable vaping around the home. And on days when you want to control the pace of your draw instead, you will be able to partake of the Volcano Hybrid whip.
Frequently Asked Questions
To wrap up this guide, let’s answer a few frequently asked questions about the Volcano Hybrid. If you are ready to buy the Volcano Hybrid now, scroll past the FAQ to the bottom of this post.
Q: Is the Volcano Hybrid safe?
A: Yes. Volcano Hybrid is a safe product that is easy to use and better for your health than traditional smoking as there is no combustion involved.
The only issue we’ve ever seen with the Volcano Hybrid was one involving chamber housing friction years ago. S&B fixed it within two months by creating a hard-anodized aluminum replacement component coated in ceramic. The issue has not repeated since.
Q: Does the Volcano Hybrid smell?
A: No, you will be delighted to learn that the Volcano Hybrid does not smell (neither, for that matter, does the Volcano Classic). The reason is that the heating chamber is so large. This makes it possible to vape at a lower temperature than many other devices, which generates less of an odor.
Q: Does the Volcano Hybrid get you high?
A: Of course! Not only that, but you can use the whip to regulate whether you are taking a fast or a slow draw, which can help you control the hit.
Q: What is the difference between Volcano and Volcano Hybrid?
A: We have spent quite a bit of this post explaining the difference between the Volcano Hybrid and the Volcanic Classic. But here it is in a nutshell:
- The Volcano Hybrid features digital controls, unlike the analog Classic.
- You have more precise control over the exact temperature of the Hybrid, plus it has less variance than the Classic.
- The Classic only lets you use a balloon, but the Hybrid features a balloon and a tube.
- The Hybrid heats up faster than the Classic.
- The Hybrid includes a lot of advanced features that the Classic lacks, such as an app as well as the ability to create customized vaping programs.
Q: Is the Volcano Hybrid worth it?
A: Definitely! If you are passionate about vaping and you want a smooth, flavorful, aromatic experience each and every time, you will love your Volcano Hybrid.
While it costs more than the Volcano Classic, the extra features are more than enough to justify the higher price.
Plus, this vaporizer often is functioning better after more than a decade than a lot of other vaporizers are when they are brand new.
Get the Volcano Hybrid On Sale Now
By now, you probably are already creating programs in your head for the Volcano Hybrid, right?
If you are ready to fully customize your vaping experience with the ultimate in precision control, it is time to get the Volcano Hybrid.
If you have been looking for the Volcano Hybrid for sale, you may sometimes notice cheap ones on sites like Amazon or Ebay.
Be warned, these are not legitimate Volcano Hybrids in most cases. These are usually knockoffs, and if you purchase one, you will be disappointed.
Storz & Bickel signed an exclusive deal in August 2019 with our direct vendor, Vapor.com via Planet Of The Vapes, for all United States and North American distribution.
So, if you are hunting for a sweet deal on the authentic Volcano Hybrid, you are in the right place.
If you are ready to buy now and experience the smoothest vape at the perfect temperature each and every time, we can help you save $163 on your Hybrid Volcano Vape.