If you found your way here, you probably already know that the Volcano Classic is the original desktop vaporizing machine. This vaporizer by Storz and Bickel has become nothing short of legendary ever since its introduction all the way back in 2000. Since then, it has reined supreme, a favorite among vapors for its industrial-grade materials, intuitive design, and the amazing vaping experience it offers.
We are going to tell you everything you need to know to decide whether the Volcano Classic is the right vaporizer for you. We’ll take a look at the features, materials and design, and go over the pros and cons. Let’s get started.
Materials and Design
The Volcano Classic features a distinctive cone shape that sets it apart instantly from other desktop vaporizers. It is manufactured in Germany and features unrivaled vapor quality. You can get it in three colors: onyx, silver or white (the white version is the Volcano Classic Peace Edition). Thanks to the supreme attention to detail and strict standards for quality control in place during manufacturing, it features impressive durability for long-term reliable performance. There are no glass parts that can easily break. Oh, and did we mention this is medical-grade technology?
Speaking of medical-grade, one of the main reasons to switch to vaping with a high-quality product like the Volcano Classic is to spare your health from the chemical byproducts of combustion that you expose yourself to when smoking. Buying the Volcano Classic or Volcano Hybrid is in that sense an investment in your health.
Volcano Classic Features
With the Classic model, you use an analog knob to select the temperature, providing you with the ability to set the device to fairly precise specifications (to within ~9 degrees Fahrenheit). The full temperature range for the Volcano Classic is 266° F – 446° F.
You’ll also be pleased to hear that the Volcano Classic heats up fast. In less than three minutes, you will be ready to use the ultimate desktop vaporizer.
You can fit up to 1 gram inside the filling chamber, which is awesome if you plan on using the vaporizer for a few hours at a time, and/or you are vaping with friends.
You do have the option of purchasing a Volcano Chamber Reducer from Storz & Bickel if you want the chamber size to be a bit smaller for individual sessions with your Volcano balloon.
How Volcano Classic Vape Works
With the Volcano Classic, you will be using the balloon method (if you are interested in using the whip method instead, look into getting the Volcano Hybrid). The Volcano Classic funtions like a vacuum system, as hot air passes through the filter via convection heating to create vapor.
1. Take off the top of the Volcano.
2. Attach the herb chamber.
3. Attach the balloon and valve.
4. Wait for the balloon to fill.
5. Remove the balloon.
6. Connect the valve to your mouthpiece.
7. Switch off the fan.
8. Enjoy your vape.
The Volcano Classic is ridiculously easy to learn how to use. Even if this is your first vaporizer ever, you will figure it out in a matter of minutes.
Volcano manufactures two different valve systems: Easy Valve, and Solid Valve.
- If you are a beginner, we suggest you get the pre-assembled Easy Valve system, which makes it a breeze to get started.
- If you feel comfortable assembling your own valve set, you might want to get the Solid Valve instead. It is the best choice for customization. You will need to buy it separately.
What You Get When You Order the Volcano Classic On Sale
When you purchase the Volcano Classic, it comes with all of the parts you need to start vaping:
- Volcano Vaporizer 110V
- Easy Valve Starter Set
- Storz & Bickel Herb Mill Grinder
- Extra Air Filter Set
- Extra Screens
- Cleaning Brush
As you can see, your purchase also includes the supplies you will need to clean and maintain your Volcano Classic.
Pros and Cons of the Classic Volcano Vaporizer
Now that you know what you can expect when you order the Classic Volcano Vape, we can review the pros and cons of this vaporizer. As you will see, this product has a lot of outstanding benefits with few drawbacks.
- The Volcano Classic is an impressively durable model that lasts a long time. We have had one for more than a decade now, and it still works just as well as it did directly out of the box. For this reason, it offers an excellent value, even though it is a bit pricier than some other vaporizers on the market.
- Temperature control is excellent for this model, even with the analog design. Moreover, it heats up quickly, evenly and reliably. The efficiency of the convection heating system and large heat exchanger will knock your socks off.
- The experience of vaping with the Volcano Vaporizer is still unmatched after more than two decades. Whatever temperature and density you choose, you will love how smooth, aromatic and flavourful the vapor is.
- As you saw above, the steps to using the Volcano Classic are ridiculously simple and straightforward. Even a complete novice will be able to jump right in.
- The appearance of the Volcano Classic is undeniably cool, and will be a visual upgrade to your desk.
- You will have to buy more cleaning supplies and bags in the future, but other than that, you should not need to spend any more money. Again, the robust design and materials prevent the need for maintenance or repairs.
- That said, if you do need repairs for whatever reason, you can fall back on a 3-year warranty. You get a 2-year warranty automatically, and after you register the product, you can get an extra year.
- There are not a lot of complaints about any Volcano Vaporizer, but one thing to know about this product is that it is a bit large, and not particularly portable (though the balloons are). So, just make sure you have the desk space for it.
- There are 9 temperature settings you can choose from using the knob on the Volcano Classic. While the ~9 degrees Fahrenheit variance should not be an issue for most users, some might want more precise control.
We recommend the Volcano Classic if you:
- Are looking for the Volcano vaping experience at the lowest price. The Volcano Classic costs less than the Volcano Hybrid, so if you are on a budget, it may be the right choice for you.
- Don’t need the most precise temperature control. Unless you really need to avoid the ~9 degrees Fahrenheit variance, you probably will be perfectly happy with the analog temperature control for the Volcano Classic. That said, if you need more control, the Hybrid may suit you better.
- Want to use the balloon method to vape, and are not concerned with having the ability to use the whip method.
- Want to vape for long periods of time. This device does not feature an auto-off switch. While that might be inconvenient for some users, it actually is a good thing for those who want to enjoy extended vaping sessions. In fact, for that reason, we particularly recommend it for those who are using medical cannabis for pain throughout the day.
If you think the Volcano Hybrid might be a better fit for your needs, you can learn more about it here.
But if you are ready to get the Volcano Classic, simply scroll to the bottom of this post to buy now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the Volcano Classic vaporizer smell?
A: Actually, no. The reason why has to do with the large size of the heating chamber, which helps to reduce the temperature at which the device can operate compared to competing products with smaller chambers. The result is that the Volcano Classic smells less than many other weed vaporizers you may have used.
Q: Does the Volcano Classic vaporizer have a filter?
A: Early Classic Volcano models featured a built-in, non-removable filter. But after 2009, the manufacturer Storz & Bickel made a change. Now they feature removable filters you can replace.
Q: Is Volcano Vaporizer good for the lungs?
A: There is no combustion process in the Classic Volcano. That means that you are not breathing in the unhealthy chemical byproducts that traditional smoking produces.
Q: How long does the Volcano Classic last?
A: If you are asking about the bags, anywhere from a week to a month based on usage. As for the device itself, it can run for more than a decade with proper care.
Q: Is the Volcano Classic worth it?
A: Absolutely. The bang for your buck is the best you are going to find. Your Volcano Classic will deliver a smooth, satisfying vaping experience time and again for many years to come.
Get the Volcano Classic Now For The Best Price
The Volcano Classic by Storz and Bickel truly has become an iconic model in the world of vaping.
You now are familiar with its features and design, and you have learned how to use Volcano Classic.
If you are looking for a Classic Volcano for sale, you are in the right place.
You may sometimes see some cheap prices for “Volcano Vaporizers” on sites like Ebay but don’t be fooled—those products are almost always knockoffs.
Storz & Bickel signed an exclusive United States and North American distribution deal in August 2019 with our direct vendor, Vapor.com via Planet Of The Vapes.
That means we are in a position to bring you the lowest price for the genuine Volcano Classic vaporizer, along with free shipping and bonuses.
If you are ready to save up to $120 off retail and enjoy the ultimate vaping experience, click below to order now.